Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Matthew 22:37-40 -- Commandments

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Today I have had the luxury of spending most the day in my bible.. while this doesn't happen often its always nice when I get a large amount of time to do that!

Which should mean that I have some super great wonderful devotional today... well I wish that were the case. I have spent most of the day going over and over my bible cross referencing it ect... And some how I feel like I know even less... LOL.. though I am told this is a common thing.

I have been going over the ten commandments... actually for quite a few days. I was even pleasantly surprised when they showed up in the worship service on Sunday... isn't God good at that :D

But the fact that God had the ability to put 10 "rules" out there and spent almost half of those rules on how to worship Him.... well its intriguing to me. I know that if made up 10 rules from my house... I am not sure that they would be about me ?

So maybe I will take the next few days going over those.... But for todays verse I used the verses that Jesus said about the ten commandments. He summed them up rather well. Even though there are "10" they could be expanded in several areas... as well as summed up like Jesus said.
Rule one... LOVE GOD.... rule two.... LOVE OTHERS

Thank you Father for your word and the vastness of it. God please speak to me and other though it and let my actions and thoughts glorify you!

No comments: