Monday, September 24, 2007

Hebrews 4:12-13


Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Ok I have recently been going over the way that God loves and the way that we are called to love others. In that I came across the above verse. Now growing up I can remember from sunday school that whole little armoured man picture based from,

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

It says that Gods word is sharper than a sword. Which made me think about how carefully we are to use it. Should the bible be used to encourage or to stab? I know that we need to use the bible to point out sin when the occasion occurs.. But how we use the bible should matter. Do we use it in a way where there is love and encouragement or is it used in a "your a sinner and I am going to stab you with it" kinda way? Which of those ways glorifies God?

I know there is a verse that talks about it.. But I cant seem to find it this evening... so I will update this later when I do.

God let me be armoured with You!

No comments: