Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ten commandments ~ To start with

This is the way that God starts the ten commandments:

Exodus 20:1-2 And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

I was going to start on the first commandment today but I think there are a few things I should go into to prepare.

OK, well as far as I can see God set the commandments up to be either something he commands or forbids. That it means it should mean more then just "thou shall not". So what is it that He is saying or implying that we should be doing.

Thing to note: God thought these to be so important that He made an appointment to say them and then spoke them out loud to Moses.

I see the page hits on this going up so I know that there are those out there reading it.. please feel free to comment if there is something I missed or that spoke specifically to you.

Also I wanted to add that are those out there that would say that we are no longer under "Gods law" since Jesus came and died for us, and to those I ask which one of these commandments do they think that God no longer holds valid?

Last note: God is reminding us in this that HE is the one that freed us from "the bondage"(aka sin)

God thank you! Please open your word to me and let me understand your will even better than before!

No comments: