Saturday, September 01, 2007

John 15

John 15 is 27 verses while I could give my thoughts on each of them.. I will highlight the ones that seem to mean the most to me lately.

John 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

As one who is being pruned right now. It is not fun, but knowing that it will make me more fruitful is certainly encouraging.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Note to self: that's right and don't forget it. I can do nothing without God.

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

That's it.... abide in His love and our joy will be full. How great is that!

Funny that I have had what has to be one of the worst time periods in my life recently, and yet I have joy and peace knowing that God is in control. We can do as we are told to do and bear fruit in the process or we can resist and have it squeezed out of us. As one that has had a lot of juice coming out... and one who also has been willing to fruit....

"Fruiting" is a lot more joyful than "juicing"

No comments: