Friday, August 31, 2007

Matthew 11:28-30, Psalm 37:4-5

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Seems easy enough... well not for me. My day is normally filled with stress... I am the queen of anxiety... I guess I can really see my need to control things when I can give my burdens to God and then the next moment I pull them back again.. over and over. You would think how easy to turn that over to God.. He will fix it... and yet I continue the tug of war. Its my own sin, plain and simple. Sin causes pain. I let my own idol of control overrule the main desire of my heart and my mind which is to glorify God. Instead, I'm burdening myself with my own struggles. I need to let go and trust that the Lord is in control. Its funny how even when you think you are in control He is still "the boss" (as the kids would put it).

Psalm 37:4-5
Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Isn't that wonderful! Isn't it nice to delight in the Lord to see how He will show you what the desires of your heart should be instead of what you think they should be.

Note in both of those verses:

1. He calls you to himself,
2. He changes you,
3. He gives you peace and rest in Himself!

Thank you Lord that its not in my strength, but in Yours!

Next time I am stressing out... I need to think on that and not on my issue of the moment.


No comments: