Monday, September 10, 2007

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - Infirmities

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Either its a migraine or a backache or the always present cop-out PMS (or pregnancy)... I know that I use my physical aliments to excuse my behavior or excuse my complaining.

New note to self: Need to use that pain as a reminder to thank God, to be glad for it. I know we are to give thanks in all things. But it seems always easier to be thankful for the good times and complain in the bad. Bad times are good to, they remind us to to go to God and let Him be the strong (and healing) one in those times.

I am so thankful for my husband, who loves me not despite my infirmities and weaknesses, but because of them. I am so glad that he mirrors Gods love for me like that.

God thank you for my husband and the Godly example that he is to me. Thank you as well as for the "thorn in my flesh" and let me be quick to return to You for strength.

No comments: