Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Romans 12:2 ~ Buying into "the lie"

Romans 12:2 - “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

A follow up to what I said in my last blog (Heart intents vs. Gods will)

There are some things happening in the life of those that I have loved (still love just not as close as I once was with them) where they have taken what God has forbid and repackaged it in a "christian" way. By that, I mean that they take the world put a "God" twist on it and justify the use of it for a "witnessing" tool.

I have seen it taken as far as something that's blatantly anti-god and seen it acknowledged as that. Then ... promoted as the world being foolish and we can use there foolishness for Gods glory, and even as a worshiping tool. My heart is so grieved by this.

Proverbs 9:6 Forsake foolishness and live, And go in the way of understanding.

The Lord in his word is so very clear about what we are to do with the world and yet why are some so willing to "conform" to what God tells us to flee from?
Its because living for God requires us to do as the bible says instead of what we would desire. Of course sin looks fun and we want it....more than that, we desire it. If sin looked ugly and harmful to begin with, denying our flesh would not be a daily, moment by moment struggle.

If we repackage the world "aka sin" by sticking a "WWJD sticker" on it, then we can tell ourselves that makes us OK.

But its a lie. Satan.... (the father of all lies) can lure us best into believing its OK when there's "christian" bent to it. He hopes that we don't know Gods word well enough to say "wait a minute, I think the bible says otherwise". Its easy to be blinded by the "WWJD sticker" and ignore the sin its stuck too.

Lets remember that its better to error on the side of fleeing, than the side of accepting, whenever there is even a small chance there could be a lie involved. This doesn't mean we can't enjoy life. But give thanks to the Lord for His goodness and grace. Enjoy the things that God gave us as He means them to be used. But don't mistake the happiness that some things bring as a licence to sin when when they cease to glorify God.

Lord, thank you for the truth and your forgiveness when I stop looking to it. Please fill my heart and mind with Your word and show me and others the lies. Don't let me become lenient in my service to You, or my desire to follow after you. Lord please soften and convict the heart of those who are doing grievous things. God only you can. Praise you for that!

The 2nd commandment is based on a lot of what I have said today and I hope to do that tomorrow.

Oct 25: EDIT: Clearly tomorrow has come and gone, but I would like to get all the info and study that I have done on it on here but thats taking longer than expected :D

No comments: