Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wide awake

Well I can't fall asleep which is not all that unusual for me. I am tired and likely to confuse you..... so consider yourself warned if you decide to read further.
The verse that I closed with earlier has still been on my mind. Well that and a few verses before it... like verse 1 cor.12:18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.
God has a purpose for us within the body of Christ. (the church) He has given the gifts that we have and put us where we are to be useful to it. I cant help but feel as though this specific chapter was written for situations that I have seen before. Where one can be made to feel useless, to feel unneeded, disregarded like an unwanted body part. Do we feel this way because we are not being the part that we need to be or is it because others are unwilling to admit that they are not the whole body within themselves. Can it be both? Can it be neither?
I find it amusing that following the verses about being part of the body and gifts, that it talks about love, that unless we love it is all useless.
I am not sure that amusing is the correct word.... I find it appealing that we are told that we all have a part to play and then told that we need to do it in love.

Love, what a simply complicated thing. ;) I think the answer will be both. Not only do we need to love.... but others need to love as well. This is the way that God set it up. Like I was going over earlier today (well yesterday now) we need to love each other with mercy and comfort. That's what allows us to be able to serve others where they are at.

Thank you God for that! Let me be willing to do that. Help me to depend on You to do that. God thank you for the struggles that keep reminding me how much I need you. ~ Amen

and goodnight :D

No comments: