Saturday, September 22, 2007

Romans 15:4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 -The bible

Romans 15:4 (ESV) For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

OK today's verses are a reminder that God has given us His word(Bible).
He has given it to us to instruct us on how we should live our lives.
Sometimes I think that we (Christians in general) forget that its the final authority in our lives and conduct.

I know there are times when I want to justify my own actions based on well.... whatever I can think of. But if the bible has specific instructions on that particular matter.. then I am to do what is Godly. But what about when the bible doesn't say for sure ? then what ?

Then there is
Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

I think if there is even a question you might have that you have to ask harder then these verses... then maybe its not a good idea.

Thank you God for being good to me, for instructing me, and most of all for giving me grace and hope!

No comments: