Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Philippians 4:4-8 - Being a lily

Philippians 4:4-8
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Meditate on These Things Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.


New goal: To be a lily

In Matthew 6:28 (also Luke 12) Jesus asks those he is speaking with to consider them. Look at the lilies and how they just trust that they are provided for. They are beautiful and simple they don't toil nor spin. Now I don't need a dictionary to tell me what that means. As my friend called me recently "miss chicken little" .... I am a worrier... While I would like to blame it on one of my relatives... I cant.. it might be in my blood, but its my sinfulness that keeps yanking me back to it. The thing is why ? Does it feel good to worry?... no... Does it make things more clear to me to dwell on it? ...no... Does it give me the answers and the peace I am looking for? ... no..

So why do I do it? I have no idea? But I want to be a lily. I need to RUN from my anxiety and RUN to God. Instead of dwelling on it, The plan is to talk to God. Pray and call out to Him... it pops in my head.. then I pray. I need to make sure my focus stays on the right thing from now on.

Thank you God that I can run to you all the time, thank you that you never tire of me.

No comments: