Friday, September 14, 2007

Philippians 1:6, Philippians 2:13

Philippians 1:6 - being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Philippians 2:13 - for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Aren't those wonderful promises!
What can I say I need a reminder of that constantly. There are so often times that I struggle between trying to please God and then being reminded of how truly sinful I really am. The struggle between what I can do for God and how badly I mess up.

Its funny ( in a non-funny way) how you can get side tracked by the very thought of that struggle and lose focus of the main goal.... which is to glorify God. But to glorify God you need God. Its not by anything we can do but a gift of His mercy ! ( Titus 3:5)

~Oh God PLEASE let me keep You as the focus in all things! Help me be willing and able to be used as You see fit.

No comments: