Sunday, September 16, 2007

John 3- Faith, believing -To: Jess pt.1

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 3:15-20
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”


To Jessica who commented yesterday:

I do not believe the issue to be whether you believe that God exists or not, But are you willing to submit to Him? The fact that you desire to believe is a great place to start.
The bible describes in the above verses that unless you are born again (aka Saved/forgiven) that you cannot see the kingdom of God.

So your issues with faith and believing.. I have a few questions for you?

Do you believe that the God of the bible could be real ?
Isaiah 45:22 Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.

Do you believe that you are a sinner?
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Do you believe that God sent His son Jesus to die for you and for the sins that you have commited.
Romans 3:25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice.

Are you willing to repent ( turn away from and stop doing those things) of the sins that the bible say wrong? and believe that God will help you do that ?
Mark 1:15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

If you answers are yes, then pray,
"God I am a sinner, and there is nothing I can do to make up for it. I believe that you sent Your son Jesus as a perfect sacrifice to die in my place. That he gave up his life as payment for my sin. God I want to live for you and I want you to come into my life and my heart and change me to live for you instead of myself. Thank you God, in Jesus name, AMEN"

This is what God requires from us... to believe that those things are true and to live it. That is faith.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith starts at hoping in something unseen. But it grows into a relationship with God. It becomes a change in you, that you see, and the more you live for God, the more you do see the amazing things that He has done.

James 4:2-3 You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Believing and faith are more than a prayer and a desire, its a change of life from the darkness to the light. When we pray to God it needs to be for Gods glory and for His will to be done.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've given me some things to consider.

And to answer a few questions: yes, I was saved/baptized but stopped attending church when I realized that despite my efforts I still didn't believe. It got to where it felt deceitful/fake to keep going to the services, so I quit and have felt much better.

As for sin, I don't adhere to the same moral code as the stereotypical Christian, so that's a hard one for me to answer.

I don't believe that premarital sex is a sin, as long as both people are consenting adults.

I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin or abherrence.

I believe in capital punishment and abortion.

But with that having been said, I still think that I have a lot of character flaws that I need to work on (tolerance, patience, anger, pride).

As for Jesus, I just don't know. Is it possible to be too skeptical for faith?

More than anything I believe in the tangible. This is where I run into trouble with religion, and faith.

And I don't feel right praying—again, it feels false. Just doesn't feel right.

So now what?

Lynnz said...

Hi Jess. I will answer you on Tues. or wed. this week :D ~